I decided to undertake some research in to the variety of sub genres that fall in to the Thriller genre as this would result into what sub genre I will choose for my Thriller opening scene. I gathered my secondary research from a variety of different websites, however the website I found the most useful was www.slideshare.com. I found this information useful as it gave me a detailed understanding of what is contained in these different sub genres in addition to examples of related films. After careful thinking and research I decided to go with the Crime Thriller sub genre. I chose this sub genre due to the fact that my own personal experience with Thriller films fell in to the Crime Triller genre, therefore I have already behold my own primary understanding of this genre. Furthermore, I have gained a understanding that a crime thriller is one of the most suspenseful type of Thriller there is, therefore I feel that I will be able to represent this Thriller convention greatly by using this sub genre. Additionally, I feel that I would like to involve some sort of chase plot to my thriller as a whole, therefore I feel that my opening scene would be able to interpret a effective equilibrium to my Thriller plot as a whole. Overall, whilst analysing other films that are within the Crime thriller category; "Taken", "Pulp Fiction", "Se7en" has made me decide that I would like to extract parts of these films and interpret them in my thriller opening in my own unique way. I found that crime Thrillers usually involve flashbacks, a large use of police/criminals, and a gray colour grading, which I feel will extremely emit the gloomy and suspenseful atmosphere that I would like my opening scene to obtain.









No comments:
Post a Comment