.Suspicion
.Enigmas
.Dystopia
.Drama
.Antagonist/Protagonist
.Cliffhanger
,Crime
.Investigations
.Dark colour scheme
.Fast Pace
.Weapons
.Complex Narrative
.Non linear narrative (flashbacks)
.Protagonist obstacle
These list of conventions are only a basic few that fall into the Thriller genre. Although I have decided that I am going to do a Crime Thriller opening, I thought that it would be a good idea to define the conventions of a Crime thriller and to see what conventions of a general thriller are interpreted on this sub genre. Furthermore after looking at a variety of different secondary sources, I came up with what are the basic conventions of a crime thriller. I felt that this was essential as I need to make sure that I fully understand what a crime thriller is so that my opening scene is successful.
Conventions of a Crime Thriller:
.Crime
.Non linear narrative (flashbacks)
.Police/Criminals
.Weapons
.Suspense
.Complex Narrative
.Murder/Robbery/Manhunt
.Storyline focuses both on protagonist and antagonist.
.Action and physiological aspects.
.Tension
No comments:
Post a Comment